GAMES & THINGS: April 10, 2015
Each week, Fanboy the Comic Imp spotlights a few of his favorite recent game releases. Here’s what FB’s playing this week:
Knowledge Is Power.
Merciless and pure in their search for data, the Skitarii – soldiers of the Machine God – march without emotion across the galaxy, tearing the secrets of war from the cold, dead hands of their enemies. Armed with the most terrifyingly advanced weaponry the Imperium has ever known, and driven by data imperatives that enhance their abilities to almost supernatural levels, the Skitarii are a post-human nightmare rendered in metal and flesh, collecting and analysing every morsel of information they can in order to fuel their thirst for ever more powerful tools of destruction.
This 80-page, full-colour hardback book contains:
A detailed, full background on the Adeptus Mechanicus, with information on forge worlds, motivations and history of the Skitarii and timelines giving you the lowdown on their place within the universe;
Descriptions of the armed forces, vehicles and technologies of the Skitarii, with rules for each;
A stunning showcase of beautifully-painted Citadel miniatures, with colour and iconography guides for every forge world faction.
WARHAMMER 40,000 DATACARDS: SKITARII
Comprising forty-three cards in total, this beautifully-realised set comprises seven large-format, high-grade stock cards detailing the six Skitarii Doctrina Imperatives – with a card explaining their correct use – and a full set of thirty-six Skitarii Tactical Objective cards, including the six unique tactical objectives found in Codex: Skitarii.
- LifeCalc™ keeps track of your games score
- It’s convenient and easy to use.
- It’s perfect for any game that uses life totals or points you need to keep track of.
- It fits easily into a deckbox or pocket so you can carry it with you.
- It’s durable and will keep scores when knocked off a table, unlike dice.
- LifeCalc™ will not drain your phones power charge or go dim during a game.
- Pen and paper are 2 items you have to remember, LifeCalc™ is one.
How to Use a LifeCalc™
Press the power button to turn on your LifeCalc™. The most recent score is always stored on power off or power save mode. The screens will dim after a few minutes of inactivity, press any button to bring the display back up to last stored value.
Firmly press and hold down the 20 or 40 button for 3 seconds to set or reset your starting score . While you’re playing a game it’s important not to lose your score so the 3 second delay is designed to prevent accidental resets.
During your game press the +1. +5 -1 -5 buttons to change and keep track of the score. LifeCalc™ will keep track of two scores from -99 to 999.
MAGIC: THE GATHERING
DRAGONS OF TARKIR
Booster Box 124.99
Fat Pack 39.99
Event Deck 24.99
Prerelease Pack 22.99
Intro Pack 14.99
Booster Pack 3.99
The third and final set in the Khans of Tarkir Block, Dragons of Tarkir features 264 cards and introduces 4 new mechanics: Megamorph, Exploit, Formidable, and Rebound.
PATHFINDER ROLEPLAYING GAME: STRATEGY GUIDE (OGL)
Master the Game!
Unlock the secrets of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game! Whether you’re a new player eager to jump into the action or an experienced roleplayer looking for insights and a convenient teaching tool, this 160-page guide is your new advisor at the gaming table. Unsure which feat to choose or spell to prepare? Detailed walkthroughs of all 11 core classes help you create and customize exactly the characters you want to play, and continue to offer advice as you take your adventurers all the way to the heights of power. At the same time, this book provides a quick and easy introduction to combat and advanced rules options, tips for battlefield domination and better roleplaying, and more!
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Strategy Guide is an indispensable introduction to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and companion to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 15 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Strategy Guide includes:
- Illustrated, step-by-step guides to creating, advancing, and playing characters of all 11 core classes, with specific tips and tactics for 26 different classic character themes, such as the archer, the trickster, the crusader, the conjurer, and more!
- A clear and user-friendly introduction to the basics of combat and narrative play, with easy-to- understand explanations of Pathfinder RPG terminology, systems, and core concepts.
- Advice for getting the most out of game sessions, collaborating with other players, and succeeding both on and off the battlefield.
- An overview of how to get started in the Pathfinder Society organized play program.
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Written by Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, John Compton, Jessica Price, Sean K Reynolds, and Russ Taylor.
PATHFINDER CAMPAIGN SETTING: TOMBS OF GOLARION (PFRPG)
The Call of the Crypt!
The vaults of the dead lie scattered across the Inner Sea region, waiting for the intrepid and the foolhardy alike to explore them in search of treasures and secrets lost to the ages. From labyrinthine gilded catacombs to the submerged ruins of a forgotten nation or an arcane tower hewn from crystal, these monuments to the deceased are as filled with history and riches as they are cursed with peril and despair. Those daring enough to brave these tombs’ traps and monsters will find themselves wealthy beyond measure—or entombed with the dead for all eternity!
Presented within are six complete tombs, ready to be used as flavorful side quests or the centerpieces of entire adventures. Each one comes complete with a room-by-room breakdown, new monsters and magic items, and cunning traps and haunts sure to challenge any adventurer. Within this book, you’ll find:
- The Cairn of Attai Horse-Speaker, the tomb of an ancient Nidalese horselord, now overrun by sinister fey.
- The Clockwork Vault, a desert mausoleum constructed by a master inventor to pass his discoveries on to worthy descendants.
- Everforge, a former dwarven temple housing a powerful holy relic, now besieged by cultists intent on stealing souls for their dark god.
- The Golden Ossuary, the gilded bone house where some of the wealthiest adherents of the mercantile Prophecies of Kalistrade are laid to rest.
- The Prismatic Lantern, an arcane siege engine powered by a self-contained demiplane, which holds the final resting place of the weapon’s creator.
- The Tomb of the Necrophage, a flooded crypt in the hurricane-ravaged Sodden Lands, now home to a tribe of ruthless cannibals. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Tombs of Golarion is intended for use with the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can be easily adapted to any fantasy world. Written by Scott Fernandez, Ron Lundeen, and Larry Wilhelm.
Cover Art by Maichol Quinto.
PATHFINDER PLAYER COMPANION: MELEE TACTICS TOOLBOX (PFRPG)
Look Your Enemies in the Eye!
Get up close and personal with Melee Tactics Toolbox! The new tips, tricks, and tactics in this volume enable your Pathfinder Roleplaying Game character to perform a huge variety of daring deeds in hand-to-hand combat, whether you’re dashing around a foe to flank it by yourself or inspiring allies to hold the line on a castle wall.
Melee Tactics Toolbox is a player-focused manual that makes the most of in-your-face abilities, spells, and weapons, in addition to providing a plethora of new rules options to make you even more formidable in combat. Each Pathfinder Player Companion includes new options and tools for every Pathfinder RPG player. Inside this book, you’ll find:
- Tips on how best to fight in melee, including suggestions for rules options that can give you an edge, as well as general tactics available to all characters.
- Dozens of new kinds of magic armor and melee weapons, weapon special abilities, and wondrous items to hinder your foes or protect you from close-combat attackers.
- Thirty new feats to bolster your staying power in close combat, including combat, style, and teamwork feats.
- An illustrated guide comparing more than 20 different styles of swords, including the falchion, katana, and urumi.
- Tons of new spells, equipment, weapons, class archetypes, and character options, including a new bardic masterpiece.
- This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world. Written by Paris Crenshaw, Ron Lundeen, and David Schwartz.
Cover Art by Milivoj Ceran.
Each monthly 32-page Pathfinder Player Companion contains several player-focused articles exploring the volume’s theme as well as short articles with innovative new rules for all types of characters, as well as traits to better anchor the player to the campaign.
MY LITTLE PONY CCG
ROCK ‘N’ RAVE 2-PLAYER STARTER SET
Players love this set! 2-Player fun right out of the box! The Rock N Rave 2-Player Starter Set introduces two all-new deck themes, giving players their very first chance to choose DJ Pon-3 or Maud Pie as their Mane Character! Rock N Rave also includes 12 additional brand new cards, featuring never before seen Friends, Events, and Troublemakers! This set strikes just the right note with fan favorites, including appearances by Octavia, Berry Punch, and more. Let’s get this party started!
- DJ Pon-3 Mane Character Card
- Maud Pie Mane Character Card
- 12 additional all-new cards (full play sets
- Never-before-seen Friends, Events, and
- Playable 2-player game right out of box.
Comic Emporium, LLC Panama City, Florida
Magic: the Gathering Warhammer Dungeons & Dragons
Comics Games Collectibles
All images and text are copyright and trademark of their respective owners.