GAMES & THINGS: January 30, 2015
Each week, Fanboy the Comic Imp spotlights a few of his favorite recent game releases. Here’s what FB’s playing this week:
PATHFINDER ADVENTURE PATH #90
The Divinity Drive Iron Gods 6 of 6
Chapter 6: “The Divinity Drive”
By Crystal Frasier
Into the Mind of a God
Silver Mount has long beckoned explorers and adventurers from across the Inner Sea with its promise of otherworldly treasures, but more than riches waits within this towering ruin’s alien chambers. Here, the greatest of the Iron Gods dwells, inexorably drawing its plans against the world of flesh and preparing for its final triumphant emergence. With the brutish rulership of Starfall cowed, the time is right for the PCs to mount the most extensive and dangerous expedition ever made into Silver Mount’s mysterious interior. What strange perils from beyond the stars await the heroes in one of Golarion’s most legendary dungeons, and what insidious traps has the Iron God set for them within those metal walls?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path concludes the Iron Gods Adventure Path and includes:
- “The Divinity Drive,” a Pathfinder adventure for 15th-level characters, by Crystal Frasier.
- Dangerous plots to expand your Iron Gods campaign, by Adam Daigle and James Jacobs.
- A look into the inner workings of robots, by Greg A. Vaughan.
- The gripping conclusion of the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Amber E. Scott.
- Five dangerous new monsters, by Adam Daigle, Crystal Frasier, Thurston Hillman, and Will McCardell.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.
PATHFINDER PLAYER COMPANION: FAMILIAR FOLIO (PFRPG)
Helping Hands and Spying Eyes
It’s time to make your familiar more fearsome! Whether you’re looking to give your magical ally an archetype to transform it into a brutish battle companion or you’re just scouting the menagerie of available familiars, Pathfinder Player Companion: Familiar Folio has you covered. This volume provides a bevy of new options, including new rules that allow characters of any class to gain familiars. Featuring all-new feats, items, spells, archetypes, and—of course—familiars, this Pathfinder Player Companion is the perfect accessory for spellcasters, as well as any player who fancies teaming up with a fantastic, travel-sized friend.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
- A comprehensive list of familiars in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, guaranteed to make choosing yours both quick and convenient.
- New archetypes like the duettist bard and eldritch guardian fighter, allowing classes traditionally without familiars to gain animal allies tied to their class abilities.
- Familiar archetypes that allow players to customize their familiars to excel in combat, dispense untold wisdom, or even gain powers from a school of magic.
- Bloodline and patron familiars that manifest abilities from the same powers inherent to bloodragers, sorcerers, and witches.
- Information on the familiars most popular within specific groups on Golarion, like Hellknights and the Pathfinder Society.
- This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.
Written by Will McCardell, Philip Minchin, Mark Seifter, and Jerome Virnich.
Cover Art by Emily Fiegenschuh.
Each monthly 32-page Pathfinder Player Companion contains several player-focused articles exploring the volume’s theme as well as short articles with innovative new rules for all types of characters, as well as traits to better anchor the player to the campaign.-
PATHFINDER ADVENTURE CARD GAME
SKULL & SHACKLES ADVENTURE DECK 5
The Price of Infamy
Treachery on the High Seas!
The whole of the Shackles is thrust into danger by a dastardly invasion plan. You’ll need to pull out all the stops to rally the defense of your home. Discover the betrayal behind the impending invasion with the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: The Price of Infamy Adventure Deck. This 110-card expansion to the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game includes new locations, monsters, villains, and more, as well as rare loot cards and 5 new scenarios that make up the complete Price of Infamy adventure. Continue your character’s legend with the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: The Price of Infamy Adventure Deck.
This deck requires the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles Base Set, the Wormwood Mutiny Adventure Deck, the Raiders of the Fever Sea Adventure Deck, the Tempest Rising Adventure Deck, and the Island of Empty Eyes Adventure Deck.
Long ago, the Necrons ruled the galaxy as its immortal overlords, before the march of time and wounds of war forced them into hibernation. For millions of years their armies slumbered – endless ranks of deathless warriors held in stasis until the time when the Necrons would once again seek to dominate the stars. At long last, that time has come…
Within this 120-page hardback Codex you will find the ancient history of the Necrons, including:
- The Necron Legions – detailing the background, key battles, colour schemes, iconography and the notable dynasties of the Necrons
- The Immortal Armies – a showcase of beautifully painted Necron miniatures
- Forces of the Necrons – rules for fielding your collection of Necrons on the tabletop including: brand new Necron Decurion Detachment rules, datasheets for every character and unit in the Codex, 8 formations for fielding specific combinations of miniatures
- Also included are new warlord traits, Necron wargear, 6 Powers of the C’tan psychic powers, and 6 Tactical Objectives specifically for the Necrons.
DATA CARDS: NECRONS
This set of Datacards contains 7 large-format cards detailing the Powers of the C’tan, the psychic powers from Codex: Necrons. There are 6 powers on individual cards and the seventh card explains how to use them. Also included is a full set of 36 Tactical Objectives cards, including the 6 unique Necrons Tactical Objectives from Codex: Necrons.
MAGIC: THE GATHERING
Booster Box 124.99
Fat Pack 39.99
Clash Pack 29.99
Booster Pack 3.99
ULTRA PRO FATE REFORGED SUPPLIES
Deck Protectors 8.99
Deck Boxes 2.99
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
DUNGEON MASTER’S SCREEN
Manage your campaign with this indispensable Dungeon Master accessory for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
The red dragon Thraxata the Flamefiend and her kobold minions confront a party of intrepid adventurers, who protect their ranger as she attempts to finish the fight by using a legendary arrow of dragon slaying meant specifically for this red wyrm.
This durable, four-panel Deluxe Dungeon Master’s Screen, lavishly adorned with illustrations inside and out, will enchant and inspire players and the Dungeon Master. Its landscape design allows the Dungeon Master to easily see beyond and reach over the screen, even as it keeps die rolls and notes hidden from players. Tables inside provide essential support for the three pillars of play–combat, exploration, and interaction–to Dungeon Masters of all skill levels.
Comic Emporium, LLC Panama City, Florida
Magic: the Gathering Warhammer Dungeons & Dragons
Comics Games Collectibles
All images and text are copyright and trademark of their respective owners.