GAMES & THINGS: August 21, 2015
Each week, Fanboy the Comic Imp spotlights a few of his favorite recent game releases. Here’s what FB’s playing this week:
MAGIC: THE GATHERING
FROM THE VAULT: ANGELS
From the Vault: Angels is the latest incarnation of the From the Vault series from Wizards. From the Vault: Angels will contain reprints of some of the greatest Angels in Magic history. This is a limited print run product.
- Fifteen premium foil cards, including five with new art.
- An exclusive Spindown™ life counter.
- A collector’s guide.
- Each card has been printed using a foil process unique to the From the Vault series.
- From the Vault: Angels will be available worldwide in English only, and will have an extremely limited print run.
- All cards are black bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
Booster Box 124.99
Fat Pack 39.99
Clash Pack 29.99
Sealed Deck Pack 25.99
Deck Builder’s Toolkit 19.99
Intro Pack 14.99
Booster Pack 3.99
A Planeswalker Born!
Follow Nissa, Chandra, Liliana, Jace and Gideon as they begin their journey on the road to becoming planeswalkers. Magic Origins is the final Core Set and contains 272 cards.
MUNCHKIN ZOMBIES: THE WALKING DEAD EDITION
Based on the hit comic book series, this 56-card expansion to Munchkin Zombies lets you show your favorite Walking Dead characters who’s really in charge. The undead rule!
Do battle with deadly living foes like Rick, Michonne, and Negan. Whack them with a deadly Katana or the brutal Lucille . . . take their stuff and shamble toward victory! Level up to become the most badass undead of all. Show the living that the world belongs to The Walking Dead.
Love Gloom? Did you know the cheerful world of Munchkin can also be sad and benighted? A place where those very same munchkins are all too often backstabbed by buddies, dined on by dragons, and discovered by doom ducks. In Munchkin Gloom, heroes delve too deep, plummet down pits, and lose their loot. And that’s before they die.
Clear plastic cards portray the munchkins and detail their mishaps. When stacked, the cards reveal or cover up the effects of the cards below. To win, you must shepherd your party through terrible travails and troublesome tribulations until – inevitably – they perish in pain.
PATHFINDER ADVENTURE CARD GAME
WRATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS ADVENTURE DECK 2: SWORD OF VALOR
You’ve survived your travails under the ruined city of Kenabres and ascended to your mythic potential. Now Queen Galfrey has asked you to set out into the Worldwound with her Mendevian army to retake the fortress stronghold of Drezen and the legendary Banner of Valor. The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Sword of Valor Adventure Deck is a 110-card expansion that adds new locations, monsters, armies, villains, and more to the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, and also includes rare loot cards and 5 new scenarios that make up the complete Sword of Valor adventure. Continue your character’s mythic ascension with the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Sword of Valor Adventure Deck.
PATHFINDER ROLEPLAYING GAME
PATHFINDER ADVENTURE PATH #94: ICE TOMB OF THE GIANT QUEEN
(Giantslayer 4 of 6) (PFRPG)
Following the trail of the Storm Tyrant’s armies, the heroes come to a frost giant village that serves as a training camp, led by a frost giant graveknight who issues orders from within an icy crypt. As the heroes engage in guerrilla tactics to weaken the army of giants and disband the camp, they can ally with a red dragon who seeks to infiltrate the village for her own purposes. Once they’ve broken the ranks of the giants, the heroes venture into a frozen tomb where they must defeat cultists of the Pallid Princess, morbid tomb giants, and undead war machines before engaging in a climactic battle with the giants’ fearsome leader!
- This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Giantslayer Adventure Path and includes:
- “Ice Tomb of the Giant Queen,” a Pathfinder adventure for 10th-level characters, by Jim Groves.
- A look into some of the most fearsome graveknights in the Inner Sea, by John Compton.
- Details on some of Golarion’s most prominent giant organizations, by Mark Moreland.
- A tale of shadows and deception in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Clinton J. Boomer.
- A selection of new monsters in the Giantslayer bestiary, by Benjamin Bruck, Jim Groves, and Thurston Hillman.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.
PATHFINDER CAMPAIGN SETTING: INNER SEA MONSTER CODEX (PFRPG)
The Inner Sea region of the Pathfinder campaign setting is rife with monstrous foes, and 10 of the most fascinating are detailed in Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Monster Codex! From winged strix to aquatic gillmen, Golarion offers no shortage of iconic and inspiring antagonists to challenge any group of adventurers—and unexpected allies to aid them. Each entry presents a trove of information about the nature, history, society, and habits of one of Golarion’s monstrous races, and ready-made examples of roles found among each creature type, from centaur foragers and cyclops lorekeepers to minotaur prophets and ogrekin looters.
- Inside this book, you’ll find creatures like:
- Charau-ka, fierce simian humanoids who worship demons and possess a thirst for bloodshed.
- Cyclopes, once part of a grand, ancient society but now reduced to a hunger sated only by sacrifice.
- Gillmen, amphibious humanoids who claim to be the inheritors of the fallen Azlanti empire.
- Girtablilus, bold scorpionfolk who guard the mysterious ruins of Golarion’s deserts.
- Strix, black-winged terrors intent on protecting their homeland from the human scourge.
- Sadistic derros, malevolent minotaurs, aberrant ogrekin, and more!
The Inner Sea Monster Codex is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be used in any fantasy game setting.
Written by John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Mike Myler, Tork Shaw, and Larry Wilhelm
PATHFINDER PLAYER COMPANION: MONSTER SUMMONER’S HANDBOOK (PFRPG)
Call upon otherworldly powers and summon beings from beyond with Pathfinder Player Companion: Monster Summoner’s Handbook! Featuring dozens of new feats, magic items, archetypes, and character options designed to grant you control over fantastic beasts and enhance your summoning prowess, this player-friendly volume contains everything you need for your adventurer to command forces benign or malevolent, divine or alien. Call upon never-before-seen creatures and claim all the tools you need to make yourself a true master of monsters!
- Inside this book, you’ll find:
- New options for summoning spells, including expanded lists of creatures to summon, new planar templates, and options to create a guardian spirit.
- New archetypes that allow bloodragers to become effective monster summoners, enable druids to summon elemental allies, and give summoners the power to counter enemy summoning.
- Advice on dealing with different types of outsiders that can be called and bound, and two brand-new creatures appropriate for such magic.
- Details on conjuring- and summoning-focused groups throughout the Inner Sea region, including the Blackfire Adepts, Bloodstone Conservatory, and Hellknight signifers.
- New feats, magic items, spells, and other rules options to enhance your character’s effectiveness when fighting against summoned creatures.
This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.
Written by Alexander Augunas, Tyler Beck, Anthony Li, Luis Loza, David N. Ross, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Linda Zayas-Palmer
Cover art by J. P. Targete
Comic Emporium, LLC Panama City, Florida
Magic: the Gathering Warhammer Dungeons & Dragons
Comics Games Collectibles
All images and text are copyright and trademark of their respective owners.