GAMES & THINGS: June 26, 2015
Each week, Fanboy the Comic Imp spotlights a few of his favorite recent game releases. Here’s what FB’s playing this week:
PATHFINDER ADVENTURE PATH #94: ICE TOMB OF THE GIANT QUEEN
(Giantslayer 4 of 6) (PFRPG)
Following the trail of the Storm Tyrant’s armies, the heroes come to a frost giant village that serves as a training camp, led by a frost giant graveknight who issues orders from within an icy crypt. As the heroes engage in guerrilla tactics to weaken the army of giants and disband the camp, they can ally with a red dragon who seeks to infiltrate the village for her own purposes. Once they’ve broken the ranks of the giants, the heroes venture into a frozen tomb where they must defeat cultists of the Pallid Princess, morbid tomb giants, and undead war machines before engaging in a climactic battle with the giants’ fearsome leader!
- This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Giantslayer Adventure Path and includes:
- “Ice Tomb of the Giant Queen,” a Pathfinder adventure for 10th-level characters, by Jim Groves.
- A look into some of the most fearsome graveknights in the Inner Sea, by John Compton.
- Details on some of Golarion’s most prominent giant organizations, by Mark Moreland.
- A tale of shadows and deception in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Clinton J. Boomer.
- A selection of new monsters in the Giantslayer bestiary, by Benjamin Bruck, Jim Groves, and Thurston Hillman.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.
PATHFINDER CAMPAIGN SETTING: INNER SEA MONSTER CODEX (PFRPG)
The Inner Sea region of the Pathfinder campaign setting is rife with monstrous foes, and 10 of the most fascinating are detailed in Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Monster Codex! From winged strix to aquatic gillmen, Golarion offers no shortage of iconic and inspiring antagonists to challenge any group of adventurers—and unexpected allies to aid them. Each entry presents a trove of information about the nature, history, society, and habits of one of Golarion’s monstrous races, and ready-made examples of roles found among each creature type, from centaur foragers and cyclops lorekeepers to minotaur prophets and ogrekin looters.
- Inside this book, you’ll find creatures like:
- Charau-ka, fierce simian humanoids who worship demons and possess a thirst for bloodshed.
- Cyclopes, once part of a grand, ancient society but now reduced to a hunger sated only by sacrifice.
- Gillmen, amphibious humanoids who claim to be the inheritors of the fallen Azlanti empire.
- Girtablilus, bold scorpionfolk who guard the mysterious ruins of Golarion’s deserts.
- Strix, black-winged terrors intent on protecting their homeland from the human scourge.
- Sadistic derros, malevolent minotaurs, aberrant ogrekin, and more!
The Inner Sea Monster Codex is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be used in any fantasy game setting.
Written by John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Mike Myler, Tork Shaw, and Larry Wilhelm
PATHFINDER PLAYER COMPANION: MONSTER SUMMONER’S HANDBOOK (PFRPG)
Call upon otherworldly powers and summon beings from beyond with Pathfinder Player Companion: Monster Summoner’s Handbook! Featuring dozens of new feats, magic items, archetypes, and character options designed to grant you control over fantastic beasts and enhance your summoning prowess, this player-friendly volume contains everything you need for your adventurer to command forces benign or malevolent, divine or alien. Call upon never-before-seen creatures and claim all the tools you need to make yourself a true master of monsters!
- Inside this book, you’ll find:
- New options for summoning spells, including expanded lists of creatures to summon, new planar templates, and options to create a guardian spirit.
- New archetypes that allow bloodragers to become effective monster summoners, enable druids to summon elemental allies, and give summoners the power to counter enemy summoning.
- Advice on dealing with different types of outsiders that can be called and bound, and two brand-new creatures appropriate for such magic.
- Details on conjuring- and summoning-focused groups throughout the Inner Sea region, including the Blackfire Adepts, Bloodstone Conservatory, and Hellknight signifers.
- New feats, magic items, spells, and other rules options to enhance your character’s effectiveness when fighting against summoned creatures.
This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.
Written by Alexander Augunas, Tyler Beck, Anthony Li, Luis Loza, David N. Ross, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Linda Zayas-Palmer
Cover art by J. P. Targete
CODEX: DARK ANGELS
Never forget, never forgive!
The Dark Angels make war with stoic, merciless determination. Marching ever forward, disregarding the attacks of their foes, they gun down their enemies with grim efficiency, never once displaying any sign of weakness or pride. Wrapping themselves tightly in the archaic rituals of battle, they seem almost desperate to distance themselves from those they seek to protect – indeed, lurking behind their courage and heroism is a secret stain upon their honour that, if revealed, would destroy everything they have struggled to bring to bear.
This one-hundred-and-sixty page, full-colour hardback book contains:
The tragic history of the Dark Angels, and the details of their ten-thousand year search for absolution;
Comprehensive organisation and uniform information, covering the Deathwing, Ravenwing and Lion’s Blade Strike Forces;
Three new Dark Angels detachments, six formations and Tactical Objectives, plus Warlord Traits and Chapter Relics;
DATACARDS: DARK ANGELS
A set of seven large-format cards detailing the discipline of Interromancy from Codex: Dark Angels, collected together for easy reference. Also included are thirty-six Tactical Objective cards, including the six unique Tactical Objectives found in Codex: Dark Angels.
DARK ANGELS INTERROGATOR-CHAPLAIN
Silent and intense, watching constantly for any sign of weakness or heresy from their brothers, the Interrogator-Chaplains of the Dark Angels are not like the Chaplains of other Chapters. Every one has learned the grim secret gnawing at the heart of the Dark Angels’ history, and has become a shadow of their former self, capable of impassively administering the most shattering agonies to those from whom they would force repentance. The Fallen must be saved, by any means necessary.
This multi-part, ten-component plastic kit contains everything needed to make one Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain, complete with Crozius Arcanum and Power Fist.
This kit is supplied with one Citadel 32mm Round Base.
2015 TOPPS SERIES 2 BASEBALL 24 PACK BOX
2015 Topps Baseball Series 2 wraps up the biggest base set in a decade! With the 350 base cards in Series 2, collectors can complete their 2015 base set of 700 cards! Returning are all the big hits from Series 1! New additions include inserts, autographs, and relics with a renewed focus on great moments in the game and the players who made them happen.
Hot Streak – 20 cards highlighting the hottest streak of a player career.
Hot Streak Autographs– 10 subjects.
Hot Streak Relics– 10 subjects.
2015 STADIUM CLUB BASEBALL 24 PACK BOX
Stadium Club Baseball returns for 2015 with great photography, time-honored inserts!
Stadium Club returns to retail with an even bigger base set to highlight all of the amazing photography on thicker base cards!
2015 Stadium Club brings back everything collectors loved about the early releases, including inserts such as True Colors and Instavision. 2015 Stadium Club will feature ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHS, one parallel or insert in every other pack, and will offer a mix of new and old to please collectors.
5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box
DEAD OF WINTER: A CROSSROADS GAME
Crossroads is a new series from Plaid Hat Games that tests a group of survivors’ ability to work together and stay alive while facing crises and challenges from both outside and inside.
Dead of Winter is the first game in this series, designed by Isaac Vega and Jon Gilmour. It puts 2-5 players together in a small, weakened colony of survivors in a world where most of humanity are either dead or diseased, flesh-craving monsters. Each player leads a faction of survivors with dozens of different characters in the game.
ASCENSION: DAWN OF CHAMPIONS
- A complete 1-4 player game playable on its own or with other Ascension™ games!
- Combine with other Ascension™ games to play with up to 6 players!
- Play as one of Vigil’s most powerful Champions with the new over-sized Champion Cards.
- Multiple Faction Heroes, as well as Faction Monsters
- New Game Mechanic called Rally which allows players a chance to acquire or defeat additional Heroes and Monsters of the same faction, bolstering their ranks as long as they remain loyal to their faction’s cause.
- 193 cards
- 4 Over-sized Champion cards
- 40 Reputation tokens
- Game Board
- 50 deluxe honor tokens
- Full-Color rulebook
- Storage tray
STAR WARS: ARMADA
“What of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?” –Darth Vader
Rebel and Imperial fleets fight for the fate of the galaxy in Star Wars™: Armada, the two-player miniatures game of epic Star Wars space battles!
Massive Star Destroyers fly to battle against Rebel corvettes and frigates. Banks of turbolasers unleash torrential volleys of fire against squadrons of X-wings and TIEs. Engineering teams race to route additional power to failing shields. Laser blasts and explosions flare across the battlefield. Even a single ship can change the tide of battle.
In Star Wars: Armada, you assume the role of fleet admiral, serving with either the Imperial Navy or Rebel Alliance. It’s your job to issue the tactical commands that will decide the course of battle and, perhaps, the fate of the galaxy.
Comic Emporium, LLC Panama City, Florida
Magic: the Gathering Warhammer Dungeons & Dragons
Comics Games Collectibles
All images and text are copyright and trademark of their respective owners.